ITA International is a global service provider leveraging subject matter expertise, data analytics and technology ensuring mission success for customers, “In The Arena.”
ITA is seeking a Contracts Specialist to join the headquarters team in Newport News, VA.
The Contracts Specialist position is a part of the Contracts Division at ITA International, and is responsible for working with the team to support the full range of contracting activities including proposal development, administration and close out to ensure maximization of business results and compliance with corporate policy and government regulations.
The CS's primary duties include but are not limited to:
• Support the review and analysis of Requests For Proposals (RFPs)
• As necessary, review all types of Government Contract awards and prime contractor awards , including: analyzing and evaluating terms and funding, reviewing for compliance with bid, negotiating provisions, and mitigating risk.
• Perform external government personnel and teaming partners liaison activities
• Assists with development and working with internal customers to create and process notification letters to customers involving scope changes, limitation of cost and funds, operational issues, requests for modifications/adjustments, and work with finance on backlog reports, funding reports, performance metrics, etc.
• Submits contracts and subcontracts reports and deliverable requirements to the customer when necessary
• Complete contract close-out activities, as required.
• Monitor assigned subcontractor performance and funding; assist with the negotiation and coordination of subcontract modifications, and subcontract close-out activities, as required.
• Establish and maintain positive working relationships with contracting officers of the US government, prime contractors, the DCMA and other related organizations
• Assisting with special projects as assigned
Bachelor's degree in business, finance, or related field. Minimum of 3 years of contracts management experience. A combination of DAWIA Level 3 and professional experience may be substitute for a Bachelor's degree. Experience in contractual requirements related to Department of Defense contracts, to include both professional and Service Contract Act (SCA) contracts.
DAWIA Level 2/CFCM certification
Experience with Deltek CostPoint
• Superior time management skills and proven ability to multitask
• Proficient in Microsoft Office, specifically MS Word, Excel, and Power BI
• Strong Organizational skills and follow-through, internally and externally, to provide a positive customer or stakeholder experience
• Excellent verbal, interpersonal and written communication skills
• Ability to work in a team environment
• Self-directed with the ability to work with a sense of urgency to complete tasks and meet deadlines
• Able to handle confidential information
• Active SECRET clearance
ITA international is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin,
disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Equal Opportunity Employer – Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans
In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), ITA International would like to ensure that your application process goes as smoothly as possible. If you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a currently open position with ITA, please contact us by phone at 757-246-6781 or email us at ITA-HR@ita-intl.com