ITA International (ITA) is a provider of integrated support services to include analysis, planning, training, acquisition management, cyber/intelligence, engineering, logistics, and maritime support services to government, non-governmental organizations and commercial customers worldwide.
ITA is seeking a Patrol Boat Navigator to join the team in San Diego, CA.
This opportunity is contingent upon successful contract award, anticipated summer 2020.
- Conduct training on U.S. Navy military and Government Service personnel on Coastal Riverine Force (CORIVFOR) Patrol Boats (PB) – i.e. 25' PB, 34' PB, future 40' PB, and the MK VI PB. Training shall be conducted in ranges, classroom, and onboard Patrol Boats.
- Conduct small arms and crew served weapons training.
- Provide basic and specialized training in small boat operations and tactical employment.
- Provide classroom and operational instruction on Mk VI PB characteristics and systems.
- Conduct Navy Maintenance, Material and Management (3M) preventive maintenance and corrective maintenance on Mk VI PB systems.
- Conduct Pre-deployment training.
- Provide analysis, design, and development of policy, tasks and functions related to Coastal Maritime programs.
- Assist with CORIVGRU ONE N7/TEU’s Patrol Boat training curriculum design, development, and improvement.
- Some travel will be required
- Some training days may last up to 12 hours and portions of the training will be executed during night time hours.
- Meet and maintain eligibility for high-risk training instructors, as delineated in OPNAVINST 1500.75 and COMCORIVFORINST 1500.1 series and supporting references
- Active SECRET clearance at time of proposal
- Possesses an active state driver’s license
- Physically fit - work requires moderate physical exertion such as long periods standing, walking over rough, uneven, or rocky surfaces requiring bending, crouching, stooping, reaching, or similar activities in all types of weather conditions ranging from very hot (110 F summer) to very cold (30 F winter). The work requires lifting of items up to 50 lbs., such as tools, weapons and ordnance items. The work requires the wearing of body armor and helmet for periods up to 12 hours. The work may require specific, but common, physical characteristics and abilities, such as average agility and dexterity. Individuals cannot have seizure disorders, abnormal and uncorrectable near vision, be colorblind, or have substantial hearing loss (hearing aid is acceptable).
- Proficient in reading and understanding technical drawings and schematics
- Proficient in Microsoft (MS) Office, including MS Word, MS Excel and Power Point
- Record of PQS qualifications in all CORIVFOR weapons and weapon systems
- Must possess at least one of the following qualifications (or equivalent):
- Navy Enlisted Code (NEC) (9502) 805A Instructor
- Navy NEC (9518) A12A Professional Development Instructor
- Completed Journeyman Instructor Training (JIT) or equivalent
- Qualified Navy Second Class Swimmer or equivalent
- Four (4) years documented small boat/craft tactical experience in a maritime environment with proficiency in: Maritime Navigation, Tactical Boat Operations, and Military decision-making processes (Begin, Arrange, Make, Complete, Issue, Supervise (BAMCIS); Organizational and individual planning; Tactical Boat Patrol Coordination; Development and issuance of Concept of Operations, Warning Order, Patrol Order, and Mission Debriefing.
- Experience performing as Navigator for CRF Patrol Boats.
- RSO and Line Coach for underway live fire evolutions desired.
Hearing conservation testing required
ITA international is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin,
disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Equal Opportunity Employer – Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans
In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), ITA International would like to ensure that your application process goes as smoothly as possible. If you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a currently open position with ITA, please contact us by phone at 757-246-6781 or email us at ITA-HR@ita-intl.com