ITA International (ITA) is a provider of integrated support services to include analysis, planning, training, acquisition management, cyber/intelligence, engineering, logistics, and maritime support services to government, non-governmental organizations and commercial customers worldwide.
ITA is seeking a Joint Interorganizational Analyst to join the team in Arlington.
This position is contingent upon successful contract award, anticipated Summer 2020.
ITA International is seeking qualified candidates to support the National Guard Bureau’s (NGB) Joint Staff J5 (NGB-J5), which is responsible for policy, strategy, plans, and international affairs. The position includes the following duties:
• Develop materials for, participate in, and conduct after action activities for planners courses with the 54 States and Territories.
• Support National Guard (NG) strategic and operational training and exercises.
• Coordinate with other NGB joint staff processes on documents and efforts to advance NG equities.
• Support the NG Coordination Center and NGB-J5 Future Planning Center.
• Conduct research and analysis, including through attendance at relevant think tank and other local events, to produce staff products and draft inputs to the Joint Strategic Planning System and NG Strategic Planning System.
• Organize and facilitate meetings and workshops with other NGB offices (including the joint staff, Army National Guard, and Air National Guard), National Guard of the States and Territories, and other NG stakeholders in support of increasing integrated planning efforts.
• Coordinate collection and preparation of materials for the development of congressional reports and strategic communications.
• Track, research, analyze, develop draft staff products and recommendations for NG / NGB interorganizational collaboration, public-private parterships, and Council of Governors meetings.
• Attend meetings and workshops with stakeholders on the National Guard, defense support of civil authorities, and related topics, draft staff products including executive summaries and trip reports, and incorporate information into products.
• Travel less than 25%. Travel will be in the 54 States and Territories.
• Bachelor’s degree.
• Current active Secret security clearance required, Top Secret preferred.
• Experience in: (1) researching and developing analysis of or inputs to joint military plans, strategy, or policy through info papers, reports, briefings; (2) supporting and briefing senior military and civilian officials.
• Demonstrated professional oral, written, and analytic skills.
• Master’s degree in relevant field of study (preferred).
• Three years’ experience at National Guard Bureau, Combatant Command, or higher joint staff (preferred).
• Familiarity with: (1) roles and missions of the National Guard in the homeland and in support of overseas operations; (2) structure and functions of joint staff; (3) core documents pertinent to the National Guard or J5 functions, e.g. Joint Strategic Planning System documents; National Response Framework; Joint Publication 5-0 Joint Operation Planning (preferred).
• Demonstrated professional knowledge of Joint Operations Planning and Execution System (JOPES) and Joint Planning and Execution Community (JPEC) (preferred).
ITA international is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin,
disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Equal Opportunity Employer – Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans
In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), ITA International would like to ensure that your application process goes as smoothly as possible. If you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a currently open position with ITA, please contact us by phone at 757-246-6781 or email us at ITA-HR@ita-intl.com