ITA International (ITA) is a provider of integrated support services to include analysis, planning, training, acquisition management, cyber/intelligence, engineering, logistics, and maritime support services to government, non-governmental organizations and commercial customers worldwide.
ITA is seeking an Air Operations and Exercise Planner to join the team in Fayetteville, NC.
This position is contingent upon position vacancy anticipated late March 2020.
• serve as an Air Operations and Exercise Planner SME, responsible for assisting in the planning, developing, coordinating, and executing the USG involvement in Joint Chief of Staff (JCS), USSOCOM, and other directed exercises. Contractor will assist with conducting special tactics duties for all air-to-ground related support, analyze operational requirements, devise scenarios and develop exercises that will challenge participants in total system evaluation.
• assist with planning, execution, and evaluation of Combat Search and Rescue (CSAR) exercises and unilateral training requirements.
• perform worldwide site surveys, in accordance with AFI 13-217, to assess assault zone for landing, airdrop, and helicopter operations survey products in support of all air operations and exercises. Recommend potential assault zones and conduct through inspections to ensure surface conditions and surrounding airspace meet the requirements for safe operations.
• assist with performing enroute and terminal administrative air traffic control services for military and civilian aircraft in support of exercises and all air operation missions to include requirements in support of special mission aircraft programs.
• employ visual flight rules and limited instrument flight rules for traffic patterns deconfliction, landing clearance, taxi, marshaling, parking, and take-off services in the terminal areas surrounding established and unimproved airfields, drop zones and helicopter landing zones in accordance with all applicable regulations and instructions.
• communicate information to the pilots to ensure safe operation and expeditious execution of particular operations. Coordinate with various Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) agencies and facilities to ensure the safe, expeditious flow of aircraft.
• review mission requirements to provide recommendations to tactical ATC personnel support requirements.
• possess and maintain any FAA required certifications or annual FAA Medical Physicals to remain current.
• extensive special operations experience, including in-depth, first-hand experience in five years of working within the special operations units and activities.
• familiarity with and able to utilize Microsoft Office software to include Word, Power Point, Excel, AutoCAD DCS, and outlook.
• knowledge of required FAA certifications and maintain a current Annual Medical Physical.
• ability to communicate effectively both orally and written.
• current Top Secret Clearance and eligible for Sensitive Compartmentalized Information (SCI) and Special Access Programs (SAP).
ITA international is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin,
disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Equal Opportunity Employer – Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans
In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), ITA International would like to ensure that your application process goes as smoothly as possible. If you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a currently open position with ITA, please contact us by phone at 757-246-6781 or email us at ITA-HR@ita-intl.com