ITA International (ITA) is a provider of integrated support services to include analysis, planning, training, acquisition management, cyber/intelligence, engineering, logistics, and maritime support services to government, non-governmental organizations and commercial customers worldwide.
ITA is seeking a Production Controller to join the team in Portsmouth, VA.
• Provide overall objectives, scheduling, and priority; and makes an after the fact review of accomplishments and results. The SME or senior technical expert discusses planning and performing assignments and conferring to keep him/her briefed on status of work and to discuss unusual technical problems. Completed work is closely reviewed for adequacy and conformance with established policies, precedents, and sound engineering concepts and usage.
• Maintain records and visual aids to reflect the status of jobs planned and in progress.
• Receive and review automated printout reports for accuracy, errors, and missing data for the purpose of updating and correcting.
• Receive reports from material expeditor pertaining to material availability.
• Maintain records and follow regulations pertaining to work management operations.
• Maintain personal contacts with the SME shop foremen, planner estimators, material coordinators, engineering personnel (military and civilian), and individuals for whom work is being scheduled for the purpose of resolving problems, obtaining shop and technical information, explaining procedures, reasons for delays and assuring a cooperative relationship among all parties concerned.
• Perform on-site inspections on jobs more than 80% complete for cost control purposes as required. Provide recommendations to MARMC Code 300 SME/Manager for concurrence and approval. Provide recommendations to MARMC Code 300 SME/Manager for concurrence and approval.
• Order material for repair shops using both standard Navy stock items as well as open purchase. Provide recommendations to MARMC Code 300 SME/Manager for concurrence and approval.
• Call out material for work execution utilizing Material Access Technology (MAT) and Material
• Print and prepare a weekly ship brief for numerous ships utilizing a variety of corporate applications and databases that include researching automated work requests.
• Compile a post brief that contains information on outstanding work and forwards to engineers for
• Review Automated Work Requests (AWRs) for accuracy and track all jobs from commencement to completion of routing process.
• Enter AWRs into work acceptance tracker database and make sure status and dates are accurate.
• Verify that jobs are ready to be accepted or rejected by Command leadership and prepare information for distribution before jobs are sent to the Business Office for final Approval/rejection. Provide recommendations to MARMC Code 300 SME/Manager for concurrence and approval.
• Keep shop SME’s informed of work that needs to be accepted or rejected that is critical to ships
movements, i.e. CO’s concerns and Casualty Reports (CASREPS).
• Utilize VSB to print AWRs for routing and to assist ship SMEs in looking up and verifying that jobs have been screened to MARMC.
• High School Diploma
Minimum of two (2) years full time hands-on technician experience in assembly, overhaul, repair,
modification, operation, troubleshooting, and maintenance of shipboard systems and equipment. Experience must include the following:
• Thorough understanding of the Joint Fleet Maintenance Manual (JFMM) areas of planning and in-process
• Practical knowledge of Automated Work Request (AWR) write ups of structural, mechanical and electrical
engineering concepts practices, regulations, policies, precedent, methods, and techniques.
• General knowledge of work package procedures, blueprints reading, drawings and Navy ships technical
manuals to verify technical characteristics of part numbers and required materials for ship maintenance and
• Working knowledge in the use of computer hardware and software programs required in the performance
of assigned duties i.e. Microsoft Office, Excel and PowerPoint.
• Ability to analyze procedures and methods, prepare written reports, conduct technical studies and develop
• Knowledge and experience acquiring vender sources and quotes to support material requirements for
purchase other than the stock system.
• Active SECRET clearance
ITA international is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin,
disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Equal Opportunity Employer – Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans
In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), ITA International would like to ensure that your application process goes as smoothly as possible. If you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a currently open position with ITA, please contact us by phone at 757-246-6781 or email us at ITA-HR@ita-intl.com