The Capture Manager works to improve ITA's market position and achieve financial growth. This person helps to define long-term organizational strategic goals, builds key customer relationships, identifies business opportunities, proactively pursues these opportunities, negotiates and closes business deals, and maintains extensive knowledge of current market conditions.
The Capture Manager is a senior position within the company. It is their job to work with the internal team, teaming partners, and prospective clients to identify and capture opportunities to provide solutions to existing and potential new clients. They are expected to engage with existing and potential new customers in order to understand their challenges to determine how ITA's capabilities might assist them in meeting these challenges. They are expected to meet clients, often being required to make presentations on solutions and services that meet or predict their clients’ future needs.
Working with ITA's Subject Matter Experts, the Capture Manager must plan persuasive approaches that will convince potential clients of ITA's capabilities to successfully meet their challenges. To do this, they must develop a rapport existing and new clients. Strategic planning is a key part of this job description, since it is the Capture Manager’s responsibility to develop and help execute a complex and purposeful pipeline of opportunities that meet ITA's Strategic Vision. This requires a thorough knowledge of various defense and government markets and the solutions/services ITA can provide.
• Visit potential customers as appropriate within your market or geographic area to develop opportunities to provide solutions.
• Work with the team to develop proposals that address the client’s needs, concerns, and objectives.
• Meet potential clients by growing, maintaining, and leveraging your network.
• Research and build relationships with new clients.
• Set up meetings between client decision makers and ITA's leadership.
• Champion business pursuits and present Gate Reviews to senior ITA leadership.
• Plan approaches and pitches.
• Participate in pricing the solution/service.
• Continuously update the pipeline with new information as it becomes available.
• Populate all potential opportunities in the pipeline.
• Actively participate in proposal development.
Business Development Planning
• Attend industry functions, such as association events and conferences, and provide feedback and information on market and creative trends.
• Present to and consult with mid and senior level management on business trends with a view to developing new services, products, and distribution channels.
• Using knowledge of the market and competitors, identify and develop the company’s unique selling propositions and differentiators.
Management and Research
• Participate in Monthly and Quarterly business development progress meetings.
• Ensure that data is accurately entered and managed within the company’s opportunity management system.
• Research and develop a thorough understanding of the company’s people and capabilities.
• Understand the company’s Mission, Vision, and Strategy in order to assist in achieving long-term company goals.