ITA International (ITA) is a provider of integrated support services to include analysis, planning, training, acquisition management, cyber/intelligence, engineering, logistics, and maritime support services to government, non-governmental organizations and commercial customers worldwide.
ITA currently recruiting for a Recruitment Specialist for our Norfolk Naval Base location.
- Collaborate with the Corporate Operations Department Head and the Manpower Division Head to create an innovative program of recognition, retention, and recruitment for the MARMC workforce. Organize several recruiting events at professional organizations or select Colleges and Universities.
- Strive to recruit the best and brightest talent. Develop relationships with colleges and universities, maintain communication, participate in career fairs, assist during information sessions, and market MARMC as the employer of choice.
- Build the workforce through recruiting at college and other job fairs as well as outreach to colleges and high schools to support programs like Science, Technology, Engineering and Math (STEM).
- Have a thorough understanding of the organization’s mission and the structure that supports the accomplishment of the mission. Develop professional recruiting material representing MARMC as the employer of choice.
- Schedule, coordinate, and participate in college and other types of job fairs, networking, and recruiting events.
- Continuously explore new recruiting sources, job boards, and forums to assist MARMC in growing a pool of interested and qualified applicants.
- Diligently pursue a broad and deep understanding of all MARMC’s business functions and core competencies/skill sets in order to proactively target outreach and recruiting efforts.
- Review private sector and government sector practices and provide recommendations for the best recruitment and hiring strategies for MARMC.
- Deliver corporate strategies to retain a superior workforce to support the MARMC mission.
- Define and provide common processes and procedures to establish requirements for a diverse workforce that are aligned with current and projected capability needs.
- Travel both local and out of state is expected and required for this task. Personnel will make approximately 12 trips during the year: :
- Assess, plan, implement, evaluate, and participate in activities to recruit and retain qualified employees, reduce employee turnover, and improve staff satisfaction.
- Recruiting skill/experience (3-5 yrs).
- Excellent communicator, for both one on one, and to groups.
- Training or experience on developing recruiting material.
- Knowledge of government hiring practices and programs; Extensive knowledge of USAJobs.gov.
- Knowledge of ship building industry and the business of the Regional Maintenance Centers.
- Experience developing innovative recruitment, marketing and branding strategies targeted at attracting specific talent based on organizational needs.
- Demonstrated ability to professionally exhibit an organization to external customers, such as academic outreach and partner with external professional organizations.
- Demonstrated experience in developing recruiting strategies that include workforce diversity principles and talent management philosophies.
- Possess a valid Driver’s License in order to travel to and participate in any local or out of town meetings as required.
- Proficient in the use and creation of documents in Microsoft Office applications such as Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Access, and Outlook.
- Active Secret clearance
ITA international is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin,
disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Equal Opportunity Employer – Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans