ITA International (ITA) is a provider of integrated support services to include analysis, planning, training, acquisition management, cyber/intelligence, engineering, logistics, and maritime support services to government, non-governmental organizations and commercial customers worldwide.
ITA is seeking an Electrician to join our team at Norfolk Naval. This position is contingent upon contract award March 2019.
* Install, modify, repair, maintain, troubleshoot, test, and load new and existing electrical lines, circuits, systems, and associated fixtures, controls, and equipment; the extent of which will be within routine maintenance of facilities and excludes that which would be considered capital projects and construction.
* Ability to work from building plans, blueprints, wiring diagrams, engineering drawings, and electrical maintenance and repair manuals to plan and lay out the routing, placement type, size, gauge, balance, load, continuity, and safe operation of electrical lines, circuits, systems, equipment, and controls. Must have knowledge of the various gauges, sizes, and types of wire, conduit, couplings, fittings, relays, boxes, circuit breakers, and other electrical devices, and shall arrange and install them in ways that ensure proper and safe operation of electrical systems and equipment.
* Ability to interpret and apply the National Electrical Code, local codes, building plans, blueprints, wiring diagrams, and engineering drawings, and to use trade formulas to calculate common properties, e.g., voltage, voltage drop, and current capacity in series and parallel circuits, resistance, inductance, capacitance, power factor, current flow, and temperature, and length in single and multiple raceways, conduits, gutters, and cable trays.
* Possess good functional skills in the use of hand and power tools.
* Tasks shall be performed at the Government’s facilities located at MARMC, Norfolk VA and Portsmouth VA
* Two years of specialized experience
* Must routinely lift up to 40 lbs
* Minimum high school graduate or GED
* U.S. citizen
* Must be able to secure a Common Access Card
* Must be able to gain access to Norfolk Naval Base and Norfolk Naval Shipyard
* Valid state driver's license
* Active SECRET clearance
ITA International is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We are committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran's status or any status protected by applicable federal, state, or local discrimination laws.
Equal Opportunity Employer – Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans