ITA International (ITA) is a provider of integrated support services to include analysis, planning, training, acquisition management, cyber/intelligence, engineering, logistics, and maritime support services to government, non-governmental organizations and commercial customers worldwide.
ITA is adding an HR Generalist to our team at Headquarters in Yorktown, VA.
The human resource generalist is responsible for performing HR-related duties on a professional level and works closely with senior HR director in supporting employees in various geographic regions and overseas. This position carries out responsibilities in the following functional areas: benefits administration, employee relations, training, performance management, on-boarding, employment law compliance and HR best practices while facilitating a positive relationship between personnel and senior management.
• Maintain employee files and records in electronic and paper form
• Provide an effective and dedicated HR advisory service to employees in relation to absence and health issues, compensation, conduct and capability, grievance matters, organizational change, and other employee-relations matters
• Support payroll processing (ADP), including; updates to employee files, time cards, bonus/incentive pay, tracking vacation/sick pay, and benefit changes
• Assist in the communication, interpretation, and upkeep of employee handbook, employee directory, and organizational chart, and contributes to the development of policies
• Assist and support employee onboarding to include training & development
• Assist in the communication, design and distribution of annual open enrollment materials for employees
• Assist in the coordination of daily benefits processing to include insurance enrollments, COBRA, terminations, changes, beneficiaries, 401k rollovers, QDRO’s and distributions
• Promote HR programs to create an efficient and conflict-free workplace
• Completes special projects in preparing reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data and trends for HR metrics; conducting research
• Protects organization's value by keeping information confidential
• Bachelor’s degree preferred and 5-7 years of experience in the HR field
• Advanced knowledge of MS Office, HRIS systems (iCims), and comfortable learning new technical systems as needed
• 3-5 years’ experience with ADP
• Experience in Microsoft Dynamic Nav desired
• Previous experience working for a Government Contractor
• Knowledge of Service Contract Act (SCA) contracts requirements/compliance
• Possesses superb written and spoken communication skills
• Excellent interpersonal relationship building, ethics, and cultural awareness
• Desire to work as a team with a results driven approach
• Resourceful, problem-solving aptitude and thorough knowledge of HR procedures and policies
• Strong detail-oriented and resourceful mindset
• Organized and efficient in daily tasks
ITA International is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We are committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran's status or any status protected by applicable federal, state, or local discrimination laws.
Equal Opportunity Employer – Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans