ITA International (ITA) is a provider of integrated support services to include analysis, planning, training, acquisition management, cyber/intelligence, engineering, logistics, and maritime support services to government, non-governmental organizations and commercial customers worldwide.
ITA International is hiring a Strategic Policy Analyst to support the National Guard Bureau’s Joint Staff J5 (NGB-J5) Policy Branch.
• Review National Guard Bureau (NGB) and Department of Defense policies (directives, instructions, issuances, notices, etc.), and other documents requiring NGB comments. Conduct analysis and recommend draft comments and way forward.
• Draft information papers, executive summaries, briefs, trip reports, comment resolution matrices and other products for leadership.
• Coordinate with other NGB joint staff offices on documents and efforts to advance National Guard equities.
• Attend meetings and workshops with interagency and intergovernmental stakeholders on the National Guard, defense support of civil authorities, and related topics, and incorporate information into contract deliverables as appropriate.
• Travel less than 5%. If required, travel would be in the 54 states and territories: 50 states, U.S. Virgin Islands, Guam, Puerto Rico, and / or District of Columbia.
• Bachelor’s degree (required); Master’s degree in relevant field of study (preferred).
• Three years of successful experience in: (1) researching and developing analysis of, or inputs to, joint policy through info papers, reports, briefings, comment resolution matrices; (2) supporting and briefing senior military and civilian officials (required).
• Current active Secret security clearance (required).
• Demonstrated professional oral, written, and analytic skills (required).
• Demonstrated knowledge of, or experience in, policies and practices related to defense support of civil authorities (preferred).
• Familiarity with: (1) roles and missions of the National Guard in the homeland and in support of overseas operations, including duty statuses (State Active Duty; Title 32; Title 10); (2) structure and functions of joint staff; (3) core documents pertinent to the National Guard, e.g. Department of Defense Directive 5105.77 “National Guard Bureau” (preferred).
• Three years of experience at National Guard Bureau, Combatant Command, or higher joint staff (preferred).
• Experience in the National Guard (preferred).
• Ability to use the Microsoft Office Suite to develop professional products (preferred).
ITA International is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We are committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran's status or any status protected by applicable federal, state, or local discrimination laws.
Equal Opportunity Employer – Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans