- Minimum High School Diploma and six (6) years of full-time hands-on technical experience in the repair of shipboard systems/equipment.
- Minimum of two (2) years full time hands-on technician experience in assembly, overhaul, repair, modification, operation, troubleshooting, and maintenance of shipboard systems and equipment.
- Basic understanding of the Joint Fleet Maintenance Manual (JFMM) as related to ship repair and maintenance.
- Practical knowledge of Automated Work Request (AWR) write ups of structural, mechanical and electrical engineering concepts practices, regulations, policies, precedent, methods, and techniques.
- General knowledge of work package procedures, blueprints reading, drawings and Navy ships technical manuals to verify technical characteristics of part numbers and required materials for ship maintenance and repairs.
- General knowledge in the use of computer hardware and software programs required in the performance of assigned duties i.e. Microsoft Office, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Ability to analyze procedures and process in executing ship maintenance.
- May include local travel in and around the Hampton Roads area including Public and Private Shipyards.
- Proficient in MS Office, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Current DoD active SECRET clearance.
ITA international is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin,
disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Equal Opportunity Employer – Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans