ITA International (ITA) is a provider of integrated support services to include analysis, planning, training, acquisition management, cyber/intelligence, engineering, logistics, and maritime support services to government, non-governmental organizations and commercial customers worldwide.
ITA International is seeking qualified candidates to join their team in Elizabeth City as a Technical Writer. This position is contingent upon contract award.
Technical Writer tasks include, but are not limited to:
• Developing, writing, and editing material for reports, manuals, instruction books, catalogs, and related technical and administrative publications concerned with work methods and procedures, and installation, operation, and maintenance of machinery and other equipment.
• Observing production, developmental, and experimental activities to determine operating procedure and detail.
• Interviewing production and engineering personnel and reading journals, reports, and other material to become familiar with product technologies and production methods, and reviewing manufacturer’s and trade catalogs, drawings and other data relative to operation, maintenance, and service of equipment.
• Studying blueprints, sketches, drawings, parts lists, specifications, mockups, and product samples to integrate and delineate technology, operating procedure, and production sequence and detail.
• Organizing material and completing writing assignments according to set standards regarding order, clarity, conciseness, style, and terminology,
• Reviewing published materials and recommending revisions or changes in scope, format, content, and methods of reproduction and binding; maintaining records and files of work and revisions, selecting photographs, drawings, sketches, diagrams, and charts to illustrate material and assisting in laying out material for publication; arranging for typing, duplication and distribution of material.
• Editing material prepared by other writers or product line engineers.
• Skills required to author technical/operational documentation using Arbortext Epic Editor (XML) and Microsoft Word.
• Twenty (20) hours formal training in EPIC Arbortext software.
• Detailed knowledge of Government and USCG regulations, standards, and current procedures used
in development of technical manuals, technical orders, change criteria, specifications, and other
• Excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
ITA International is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We are committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran's status or any status protected by applicable federal, state, or local discrimination laws.
Equal Opportunity Employer – Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans