ITA International (ITA) is a provider of integrated support services to include analysis, planning, training, acquisition management, cyber/intelligence, engineering, logistics, and maritime support services to government, non-governmental organizations and commercial customers worldwide.
ITA International is seeking qualified candidates to join their team in Elizabeth City as a Technical Editor. This position is contingent upon contract award.
Technical Editor tasks include, but are not limited to:
• Overseeing preparation of illustrative materials, drawings, sketches, diagrams and charts used in technical information.
• Supporting project editorial needs to review, copy edit, and proofread documents and deliverables (both print and online) and ensure they are grammatically correct, properly punctuated, correctly formatted, and of the highest quality.
• Ensuring all documentation flows in a logical progression, and graphics, media, tables, and illustrations match and support the text.
• Ensuring appropriate style standards are adhered too.
• Performing quality assurance reviews.
• Reviewing and updating MPC release schedules and ensuring traceability matrices.
• Posting approved documents to the web.
• Skills required to author technical/operational documentation using Arbortext Epic Editor (XML) and Microsoft Word.
• Twenty (20) hours formal training in EPIC Arbortext software.
• Detailed knowledge of Government and USCG regulations, standards, and current procedures used
in development of technical manuals, technical orders, change criteria, specifications, and other technical documentation.
• Excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
ITA International is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We are committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran's status or any status protected by applicable federal, state, or local discrimination laws.
Equal Opportunity Employer – Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans