Crew Served Weapons-Based Course Instructor shall:
- Possess high personal standards of technical knowledge and professional competence in delivering training material.
- Possess the ability to perform in a military environment.
- Possess a familiarity with the organization and hierarchy of the U. S. Navy, military rank/grade structure.
- Possess a knowledge of Navy and military terminology, and shipboard/installation environments and configurations.
- Possess knowledge of basic and advance training techniques and of computer technology applications as they apply to instructional delivery.
Crew Served Weapons-Based Course Instructor shall possess one of the following:
- Navy NEC 9502/805A (Instructor) (or equivalency).
- Have attended the Navy Instructor Training Course (NITC) (A-012-0077) (or military service equivalent)
- Academic credentialing (teacher/professor)
- Instructor training via an academic institution. Academic ITC requirements should contain, at a minimum, the following Learning Objectives:
- Effective communication and questioning techniques
- Adult learning theory and principles
- Instructional Delivery methods
- Lesson delivery performance laboratory
- Training environment management
- Inter-personal skills
- Evaluation and Feedback
- Possess one (or more) of the following qualifications:
- Navy NEC 9504 (Naval Aviation Water Survival Instructor); or
- Navy NEC 9510 (Navy Swimming and Water Survival Instructor); or
- Completion of Navy Swim Tester Course (A-012-0015)
Crew Served Weapons-Based Course Instructor shall possess:
- Possess at least two years of past military experience in an operational environment or as a Law Enforcement representative with a military or civilian security force
- Possess a basic understanding of Military/Civilian Security Force techniques
- Be qualified as a small arms weapons instructor and completed at least one of the following:.
- SAMI course (A-041-0148) NEC 0812
- CSWI course (A-830-2215) NEC 0814
- Seahawk Weapons and Tactics Instructor Course (S-050-0836) NEC 8210
- Marine Corps Primary Marksmanship Instructor
- MOS 8531 and Small Arms Weapons Instructor MOS 8532 Courses
- Other DoD-equivalent small arms and CSWI courses.
- The Federal Law Enforcement Training Center Small Arms Instructor Course.
- Any firearms instructor course taught by or used by any other federal or state law enforcement agency.
- National Rifle Association Five Day Law Enforcement Handgun and Shotgun Development School.
- Be qualified as a crew served weapons instructor.
- Possess or be able to qualify as a Second Class Swimmer in accordance with NETC P1552/16 (Navy Swimming and Water Survival Instructors Manual)
Crew Served Weapons-Based Course Instructor:
- Shall possess a current certification in Basic First Aid from the American Heart Association, American Red Cross, National Safety Council, American Safety and Health Institute, or other locally available means. Training shall be conducted by a competent facilitator.
- Stand-alone online or Computer Based Training (CBT) does not satisfy this requirement.
- Shall possess a current certification in Cardio-Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) from the American Heart Association, American Red Cross, National Safety Council, American Safety and Health Institute, or other locally available means. Training shall be conducted by a competent facilitator.
- Stand-alone online or CBT does not satisfy this requirement.
- Have an adjudicated SECRET security clearance
- Comply with the licensing requirements of the state and local motor vehicle laws. Must possess a valid driver's license, and be certified by the contractor as being fully qualified to operate the vehicles/equipment as appropriate.
- Possess the fitness and conditioning to support the level of instruction. Personally capable of performing all training evolutions including the ability to effectively complete weapons qualifications in the standing, kneeling and prone positions, ascend or descend ladders and go through narrow passageways, and be free of any abnormal fear of heights.
- Lautenberg Amendment applies
Medical Screening and Psychological Screening
Must possess active SECRET clearance
ITA International is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We are committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran's status or any status protected by applicable federal, state, or local discrimination laws.
Equal Opportunity Employer – Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans