ITA International, LLC is a Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business specializing in providing detailed mission analysis, innovative organizational planning, technical staff training support and comprehensive assessments resulting in strategic-to-tactical solutions for government and private sector.
ITA currently recruiting for a Contract Specialist at Headquarters in Yorktown, VA.
Reviews solicitations and prepares specialized and/or non-routine response for proposals, bids, and contract modifications. Assists in the preparation of requests for proposals and executes procurement actions, with a particular emphasis on costing proposals. Provides contractual and fiscal guidance and deliverables to business team members for all types of contracts and subcontracts. Analyzes contract requirements, special provisions, terms and conditions to ensure compliance with appropriate laws, regulations, and corporate policies and business unit procedure. Executes contract change control process for assigned contracts. Develops negotiation strategy and assists negotiation team on complex contractual issues. Monitors new law, regulation and contract trends for potential impact on business unit goals and objectives. Support for communication with law, finance and business team disciplines for resolution of contract issues and disputes. May assist in new business pursuit and associated contract strategy. Assists in identification, development and implementation of new contract policy and processes. Have a general understanding of the business case and an appreciation of financial/analytical issues and profit and loss implications.
Business unit management teams, senior project or product managers, customer/supplier law department, outside counsel, mid-to senior level corporate management
- Ability to draft moderate non-routine contractual instruments.
- Working to excellent knowledge of corporate policies and procedures, coupled with ability to identify required improvement to established policies.
- Minimum of Journeyman knowledge of contracting concepts, Federal Acquisition Regulations and supplement (particularly Defense), Uniform Commercial Code, applicable public contract acquisition law and regulations, and applicable international contract law. Experience with service, ship repair and cost type contracts is required.
- Knowledge of cost and pricing techniques required, with experience in overseas living costs and allowances is highly desirable.
- Strong to excellent analytical and communication skills.
- Good presentation, leadership and team-building skills.
- Use of independent judgment and creativity applied to resolution of contract issues.
- Excellent internal and external negotiation skills.
- Emerging ability to excel in upper level management environment.
- SECRET clearance preferred.
- Bachelors degree plus 5+ years business or related experience. Advanced degree highly desirable.
- Defense Acquisition Workforce Improvement Act (DAWIA) II, Certified Commercial Contracts Manager (CCCM) or Certified Federal Contracts Manager (CFCM) desirable
ITA international is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin,
disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Equal Opportunity Employer – Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans