The J8-S provides senior leadership independent analysis and studies involving current and future Special Operations Force
(SOF) requirements, inform J8 decisions in development of the SOCOM Program Objective Memorandum (POM), and inform and collaborate with OSD in developing various analytic products and
guidance. Additionally, the division plays a key role supporting the Strategic Planning Process (SPP) by providing reliable analytic tools and products by which the Commandâ€™s senior leaders can defend resourcing decisions. The J8-S requires support support in employing developing analytic models and tools, providing SOF subject matter expertise, and Operations Research Systems Analysis (ORSA) expertise needed to provide high quality, defendable analysis to inform key decisions made by leaders at the highest level. As a Senior Special Operations Logistics Analyst, the candidate shall
- Support the assessments of USSOCOMs Concept Plans (CONPLAN) and supporting regional operational plans by developing, refining, and maintaining metrics used to assess and prioritize current and future year operations and conducting assessments of the resources required.
- Assist in analysis and support for development of high-level guidance documents such as, but not limited to, the Defense Planning Guidance (DPG), Strategic Planning Guidance (SPG) and Capabilities Planning Guidance (CPG).
- Conduct, participate, or support analysis as required to support Joint Capabilities Integration and Development System (JCIDS) and SOF CIDS analysis as defined in SOCOM 71-4, using JMA data, data from other approved databases, models, and other analysis tools.
- Conduct, participate in, or support studies, analyses, and modeling efforts to generate POM force structures that support the JMA process, the SPP, the Defense Strategic Review (DSR), and development of other models, war games, and simulations.
- Develop, coordinate and maintain Planning Factors, Rules and Assumptions (PFR&A) for JMA.
- Translate strategic-level scenarios into SOF operational campaigns and analyze requirements against varying force structures.
- Translate strategic resourcing documents such as the Capabilities Programming Guidance (CPG)
- Update metrics to meet the demands of USSOCOMs senior leadership and evolve with the external guidance derived from both OSDs and Joint Staffs analytic community.
- Adapt, test and train on the use of the SOFAMS suite of software products to support POM development cycle while providing uninterrupted support developing and entering CONOPs.
- Interpret guidance from strategic U.S. documents such as the National Defense Strategy, National Military Strategy, Defense Planning Guidance, and other DoD or Joint Staff documents into coherent SOF adaptations for each OSD planning scenario.
- Translate SOF adaptations and SOF logistics portion of OSD Planning Scenarios into tactical level CONOPS in order to analyze required SOF force structure and perform the following:
- Update Resource Files from the Commands Force Structure or Programs of Record.
- Update Analytic Rule Sets to ensure accurate employment of OSD policy and Command guidance.
- Provide a Risk-Constrained Force Structure using SCRAAM.
- Work with Government and contract ORSAs in the development of analytical products derived from the JMA database.
- Produce analytical products including SOF force structure analysis.
- Responsible for J8 support to the J4 for War Reserve munitions input into DoDs
- Munitions Requirements Process in accordance with USSOCOM Directive 700-8.
- Oversee inputs and analysis of JMAs logistics and munitions models as part of JMA models class of supply consumption for DoD Analytic Scenarios.
- Ensure Team understands ITAs Quality, Health, Safety, Environmental Management Systems (QHSEMS) policy.